A few hints & tips when travelling solo...
- Utilise cheap forms of transit such as rickshaws and public transport.
- Eat where the locals eat, and have a go at the popular street food stalls that will be cheaper than sit down restaurants. You can read about Safe Eating When Travelling here.
- Ask your guides and drivers about popular local eating places.
- Take advantage of the hotel breakfasts that are included in all our itineraries.
- Ensure your bartering skills are at their best, you can read about A Travellers Guide to Haggling here.
- In India, all pre-packaged food and drink have best before dates and pricing stamped on products, to prevent shop keepers over charging.
- Ask if restaurant menu prices are inclusive of tax and service fees (differs from state to state).
A Taste of India
Duration: 12 days / 11 nights
Itinerary: Delhi – Jaipur – Galta – Bharatpur – Fatehpur Sikri – Agra – Orcha – Khajuraho – Varanasi – Delhi
Average price for solo travellers: $3,245 (excluding flights)
Experience the colour and contrasts of India’s Golden Triangle, as well as the spiritual aura at the holy city of Varanasi, Orcha’s ancient riverside ruins and Khajuraho’s Karma Sutra temples. From city palaces to holy rivers, crowded metropolis’ to erotic temples, this trip is an eye-opener.
Duration: 8 days / 7 nights
Itinerary: Delhi – Jaipur – Galta – Bharatpur – Fatehpur Sikri – Agra – Varanasi – Delhi
Average price for solo travellers: $2,115 (excluding flights)
This itinerary covers the famed Golden Triangle, using trains for the majority of journeys, as well as one private transfer to allow you to visit some lesser known sights for one of the journeys. It really is the essential India trip with a few authentic and unique experiences to bring you closer to the culture.
Tropical Landscapes and Swaying Hammocks
Duration: 13 days / 12 nights
Itinerary: Bangalore – Mysore – Wayanad – Ooty – Coonoor – Cochin – Alleppey – Periyar – Kovalam – Trivandrum
Average price for solo travellers: $3,475 (excluding flights)
Experience the relaxed atmosphere of sun-kissed Kerala. With national parks full of tigers and elephants, tea plantations, extravagant palaces, backwater canals aboard a traditional houseboat, tropical beaches and fiery food, the sunny south is an exotic mix to treat all the senses!
Classic Cities of Rajasthan
Duration: 19 days / 18 nights
Itinerary: Delhi – Jaipur – Pushkar – Udaipur – Jodhpur – Jaisalmer – Agra – Orchha – Khajuraho – Varanasi – Delhi
Average price for solo travellers: $5,485 (excluding flights)
Discover the magical extravagance of Rajasthan, from floating palaces to golden desert forts. With palaces, forts, colour-washed cities and endless sand dunes, it’s a historical land of endless sites and fairytale splendour. Ending with the Taj Mahal and holy city of Varanasi, it’s unforgettable!
Not rocking your boat? Try a different destination...
If you’re planning to travel solo on a shoe-string budget, India might not be the best choice for you. But fear not, intrepid explorer! We offer a wider range of independent travel experiences across South East Asia, including Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam & Laos. Although our prices are still based on two people, with reasonable flight costs and more local transport options, you might find a better alternative for your solo adventure.