Tips and benefits of travelling solo
- Vietnam’s cities are very walkable with lots of local sights just a short stroll from the hotels we use.
- Eating at local cafes and street food stalls is often cheaper than dining at a restaurant. Keep an eye out for places with lots of locals.
- Taking a photo of yourself during your travels can be a little challenging – take a ‘selfie stick’ with you if you plan to use your phone for pics, or learn how to use the self-timer function on your camera. This is a safer option than giving your phone or camera to a passer by.
- If asked if you’re travelling alone, always say you’re meeting someone.
- Enjoy a cool beverage at the hotel bar, it’s often a great way to meet other travellers.
- Join-in or small group day excursions are another way to meet like minded travellers on your travels.
- Take a good book with you to read.
- Skype your friends and family so you can share your daily adventures.
- The best part of travelling on your own, is only being responsible for yourself. You can do what you want, when you want.
Vietnam in a Nutshell
Duration: 13 days / 12 nights
Itinerary: Hanoi – Halong Bay – Hanoi – Hoi An – Ho Chi Minh City – Cu Chi Tunnels – Mekong Delta – Ho Chi Minh City
Guide price for solo traveller: AUD$ 2,089 – Standard accommodation (excludes international flights)
Discover some of Vietnam’s best highlights in only two weeks! Drift between limestone islands in Halong Bay, wander through Hanoi’s Old Quarter and stroll along the lantern-spangled streets of charming Hoi An. This itinerary is perfect if you’re a little tight on time.
Tale of Two Countries: Vietnam & Cambodia
Duration: 18 days / 17 nights
Itinerary: Hanoi – Halong Bay – Hoi An – Ho Chi Minh City – Mekong Delta – Phnom Penh – Siem Reap
Guide price for solo traveller: AUD $3,449 – Standard accommodation (excludes international flights)
Combine the highlights of both Vietnam and Cambodia. From the limestone islets of Halong Bay, lantern lit streets of quaint Hoi An, floating along the Mekong to Phnom Penh through to the monumental relics of the Angkor temples – all in one journey.
Duration: 23 days / 22 nights
Itinerary: Hanoi – Halong Bay – Sapa – Hue – Hoi An – Ho Chi Minh City – Mekong Delta – Phu Quoc Island – Ho Chi Minh City
Guide price for solo traveller: AUD $4,465 – Standard accommodation (excludes the cost of international flights)
Traverse Vietnam from top to bottom, exploring all the wonders this captivating country has on offer. Venture through the terraced hillsides and lush valleys of Sapa to the sparkling azure waters of Phu Quoc Island with swaying palms trees for some relaxing time at the beach, all in three weeks.